• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices are BOOMING!!!!!!!!1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices are BOOMING!!!!!!!!1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5190368.stm

House prices are surging in London and the south-east of England, widening the north-south divide, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics) has said.

In June house prices in London rose at their fastest rate for six and a half years - and by the fastest rate for four years in the South East.

A strong performance by the financial services sector has fuelled the boom.

Rics said that the gap between prices in London and the rest of England and Wales was the highest it has ever seen.

I told you to buy when you could still buy an ex-council flat in the ghetto for less than £300,000

Inflation has hit 2.5%, 3.3% including mortgage costs, and interest rates are about to go up...
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Getting ahead of the dreaded Home Seller's Information Pack maybe?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Wont happen, to many vested interests in it not happening. It will be sent for "review" and then quietly shelved.

The whole thing is another example of a fundamentally sound idea being completely fecked up by the administration of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          Wont happen, to many vested interests in it not happening. It will be sent for "review" and then quietly shelved.

The whole thing is another example of a fundamentally sound idea being completely fecked up by the administration of the day.
          Hope you're right Dave.

Want to sell my house in about 18 months and this kind of sh1te I can live without.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

We're doomed.

Comment

Home prices 'to rise 50% by 2011'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5187398.stm

Average house prices in England could rise from £195,000 to nearly £290,000 by 2011, research from Oxford Economic Forecasting (OEF) has said.
              Under-supply of new housing will fuel house price inflation, the OEF added.

Getting on the housing ladder will become even harder, it said, as house prices rise from eight times average salaries to 9.2 times in 2011.

My house will be a millionaire soon.

Comment

Got to house all those eastern european bartenders somewhere...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                  Hope you're right Dave.

Want to sell my house in about 18 months and this kind of sh1te I can live without.

In the headlines on PM this evening...

Homebuyers packs will no longer be compulsory when they are introduced next year.

Won't be long before they go altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                    In the headlines on PM this evening...

Homebuyers packs will no longer be compulsory when they are introduced next year.

Won't be long before they go altogether.
                    Thank feck for that!

Whooo! Good news there DaveB

Comment

Working...
                    X