• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On hold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On hold

to speak to someone at HMR&C - could someone wake me up in a couple of hours
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Have you got the funky hold music though? The one that stops every so often, gets your hopes up, then plays a record message from a Scottish lady to tell you that "your call will be answered as soon as possible"?

I often forget why I've called them when I'm on hold so long
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Yep certainly have - sounds like a demented duck 8 minutes now and no sign of anyone answering - if we ran our businesses like this.....well we wouldn't have one

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
        I often forget why I've called them by the time I have dialled the number
        FTFY
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Yep certainly have - sounds like a demented duck 8 minutes now and no sign of anyone answering - if we ran our businesses like this.....well we wouldn't have one
          Could be worse, you could have to speak to them, then Talk Talk to sort your phone out and finally Santander to do some business transactions... Covered the top 3 wooden spoon winners in a day.. if your blood pressure could take it...

WOODEN SPOON AWARDS: You branded HMRC's service hopeless and tax boss Lin Homer wouldn't even collect our award | This is Money

Comment

I normally block my number and dial their international numbers line...gets through with minimum wait
            Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Could be worse, you could have to speak to them, then Talk Talk to sort your phone out and finally Santander to do some business transactions... Covered the top 3 wooden spoon winners in a day.. if your blood pressure could take it...

WOODEN SPOON AWARDS: You branded HMRC's service hopeless and tax boss Lin Homer wouldn't even collect our award | This is Money
              Not sure it could be any worse NLUK - 15 minutes and counting Oh no wait someones answered - we are now going trough security And now I'm on hold again

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                Not sure it could be any worse NLUK - 15 minutes and counting Oh no wait someones answered - we are now going trough security And now I'm on hold again
                Get us a cuppa while you are waiting..... I would ask Clare but it doesn't taste the same after a hard kick in the nuts.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 29 May 2013, 12:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                  I normally block my number and dial their international numbers line...gets through with minimum wait
                  Great idea

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Ok call over - 18 minutes - conclusion "we got it wrong - sorry"

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X