• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And Finally

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Finally

BSkyB-owned BE slams into traffic pile-up over 'unlimited' broadband lie ? The Register

The ad regulator disagreed with BE's argument and upheld the complaints. It said:

The ASA considered that the claim 'unlimited' would be interpreted by readers to mean that they would be able to use the service to download and upload as much data as they wished at any time without limit or penalty.

We understood, however, that users on congested exchanges using more than 150 GB in a month would be contacted and asked to reduce their usage in peak hours or face having their service suspended; we noted two users had left BE after being contacted about the FUP and that a significant number had been warned to change their usage behaviour.

We therefore considered that, although it affected only a small proportion of customers, the service was restricted for those using more than 150 GB in a month on some exchanges and was therefore not unlimited. As a result, we concluded that the claim 'unlimited' was misleading.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I have been on BE* for years and never had a problem with them and I download a hell of a lot
    Insert Witty Signature Here

Comment

Originally posted by zharrt View Post
      I have been on BE* for years and never had a problem with them and I download a hell of a lot
      And yet the RSI on your wrist hasn't stopped you from being able to type. Bravo on your stamina.

Comment

Working...
      X