• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A real loss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A real loss

BBC News - Tom Sharpe, Porterhouse Blue novelist, dies aged 85
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I thought this was sarcasm regarding the news that MF had been permie banned (and it would be, NOT).
    Last edited by eek; 6 June 2013, 11:21.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I remember the scene in one of his novels set in South Africa where a police commander becomes concerned that his officers like black women. He decides to try "aversion therapy", showing them slides of naked black women while applying electric shocks to their testicles. His men ended up liking the electric shocks.

Comment

Always liked his stuff. Any BTLers wanting to get rid of their tenants will find a plethora of tips in The Throwback

Years since I read it, but IIRC the plan to get rid of the last few of the hero's tenants ends with the army and police shooting each other from opposite sides of the golf course, one house burning down after a massive gas explosion, a train crash resulting in a poisonous chemical spillage, and a bull terrier on LSD rushing around attacking everything and everybody

Comment

Working...
        X