• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those companies who never acknowledge your application!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those companies who never acknowledge your application!

We've all been there. You spot a great role, spend time writing a covering letter, tailoring it to the application, polishing your resume & then in a peek of excitement you send it off full of hope.

A shortwhile back there's an email in your system. "Dear X, thank you for applying, we have received your application & will be in touch shortly"

Well that email was of course an automatic reply & somebody at the other end will review your resume & then may send you a rejection email (of course a pre built template) or the lucky few a call & an interview.

On the other side sits the hiring manager & the recruiter. The hiring manager believes that the recruiter is checking the applications coming in & being dealt with, while the recruiter who has dozens of open positions believes the hiring manager is reviewing.

In fact, neither has reviewed and 120 applicants in 8 weeks are sitting at home, chewing their finger nails, probably bitching on internet forums about how crap the application process is & possibly considering a contract in Germany. Then months after they've applied they eventually receive that email 'Sorry, but having reviewed you are not qualified enough'. Tossers hey?

I really must check my email more.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Maybe they just think you are crap so it's not worth their time replying
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

T'is the wrong mindset.
      You need to operate a fire and forget, fire and forget approach.

Like I do with online dating - send a message and move on to the next.
      Then you get a reply, and you say who are you? Oh yeah the skanky bird what I messaged 2 minutes ago..

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Maybe they just think you are crap so it's not worth their time replying
        MF's the "they" here, so he claims. Sounds like he's on a power trip, gloating at what he imagines are a throng of applicants all waiting anxiously until he deigns to reply, if ever. But most of them have probably long since found much better roles and are thanking their lucky stars he didn't.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          MF's the "they" here, so he claims. Sounds like he's on a power trip, gloating at what he imagines are a throng of applicants all waiting anxiously until he deigns to reply, if ever. But most of them have probably long since found much better roles and are thanking their lucky stars he didn't.
          It hadn't even crossed my mind that the reality of the original post could be that pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            It hadn't even crossed my mind that the reality of the original post could be that pathetic.
            OG I have passed your application to the catering department where I feel that you may be better suited to cleaning tables or washing dishes. Thank you for applying.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              T'is the wrong mindset.
              You need to operate a fire and forget, fire and forget approach.

Like I do with online dating - send a message and move on to the next.
              Then you get a reply, and you say who are you? Oh yeah the skanky bird what I messaged 2 minutes ago..
              I can't imagine where you are going wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                OG I have passed your application to the catering department where I feel that you may be better suited to cleaning tables or washing dishes. Thank you for applying.
                I have passed yours onto Mrs NLUK, who feels you may be suitable for fisting the Turkish sailors that even her old man won't touch.

Comment

Working...
                X