PDA

View Full Version : One of my pet hates about contractors

Halo Jones
19th June 2013, 12:24
Trying to get them to give me a time sheet that makes sense, which can be correctly cost coded (to prove that the task needs them & the budget) & when I give them a blank template to speed matters up all they do is get the huff

Does not matter what trade, they are all the same from sparkies to consultants !

Blimey all I am trying to do is pay them..

:eyes

suityou01
19th June 2013, 12:30
Trying to get them to give me a time sheet that makes sense, which can be correctly cost coded (to prove that the task needs them & the budget) & when I give them a blank template to speed matters up all they do is get the huff

Does not matter what trade, they are all the same from sparkies to consultants !

So long as you give them a job code for marking idle time, and don't unleash the hordes of hell on them for using it, and accept your own incompetency caused the idle time then I'm good with that. :wink

Halo Jones
19th June 2013, 12:36
So long as you give them a job code for marking idle time, and don't unleash the hordes of hell on them for using it, and accept your own incompetency caused the idle time then I'm good with that. :wink

I allways have a cost code, current one for consultants is C01750/FEE0020/JK - if it helps :wink

suityou01
19th June 2013, 12:40
I allways have a cost code, current one for consultants is C01750/FEE0020/JK - if it helps :wink

Yep, I'm using that one. Quite catchy really. :D

SimonMac
19th June 2013, 12:50

Be a dear and pop the kettle on love, leave the talk of business to the men folk

That'd be great!

Troll
19th June 2013, 12:59

You sure you're cut out for this PM m'larky? :D

SimonMac
19th June 2013, 13:05
You sure you're cut out for this PMO m'larky? :D

FTFY

Halo Jones
19th June 2013, 13:13
Be a dear and pop the kettle on love, leave the talk of business to the men folk

That'd be great!

You sure you're cut out for this PM m'larky? :D

Why on earth would I want to be a PM?, I prefer a job with a challenge

FTFY

TBH its more PMT than PMO right now :devil

SueEllen
19th June 2013, 13:15

That'd be great!

:spank:

Oh and if you want a hot drink with spit in it or worse you are going the right way.

SimonMac
19th June 2013, 13:16

Promises, Promises!

Halo Jones
19th June 2013, 13:18

Oh and if you want a hot drink with spit in it or worse you are going the right way.

I once made a cup of tea with a tampax in it as they did ask for a “string tea”... by email no less, they got the hint

Old Greg
19th June 2013, 13:29
I once made a cup of tea with a tampax in it as they did ask for a “string tea”... by email no less, they got the hint

Used or unused?

Mich the Tester
19th June 2013, 13:30

Used or unused?

Ooo err HJ, I think you've pulled!

Halo Jones
19th June 2013, 13:32
Used or unused?

Un-used but it was red bush tea

SueEllen
19th June 2013, 13:33
Un-used but it was red bush tea

:laugh

Old Greg
19th June 2013, 13:41