• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract fallen through

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract fallen through

Hi,
    I was offered a contract, had sent off my signed contract and was (eventually) told I would be starting at 10 am Today. I had a call from the Senior Principle Agent (who had been on annual leave for a week) telling me that the client had been told by a 'trusted source' that my Skills were not good in the area my client wanted work doing. I have plenty of proof that this is not true, but I'm know that I'll never work through this agency or for that client. If true (and not just recruiters lies) I'd like to sue the 'source' for damages. How do I go about this?

Senior Principal Agent? Never heard that term since Sydopera used 'Senior Principal Consultant' one thread earlier. Single poster too. Same subject too.

Very poor sockie!

Comment

Yeah I saw that, pretty much the same MO also. The agency had been particularly poor before this also (it wasn't until Friday at 3pm I was told the start time for today).

Comment

Very poor sockie!
        Excuse my ignorance but what does this mean?

Comment

You don't. You chalk it up and move on. Being binned before even starting work isn't that uncommon and can be the way in contracting. The client didn't want you so he wasn't going to pay you so you have lost nothing so cannot sue them.

Put your time and effort in to finding a new gig.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            Excuse my ignorance but what does this mean?
            It means an account that isn't your main one. We have another poster that has already mentioned 'Senior Principal Consultant' in the last day or so. Seems coincidental it's more or less mentioned twice so people don't think you are genuine.

Comment

Well in 20 years of contracting it's never happened to me before. The thing is someone (apparently) has defamed me and the consequences could be far reaching. I'd like to 'stop the rot' and restore my reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You don't. You chalk it up and move on. Being binned before even starting work isn't that uncommon and can be the way in contracting. The client didn't want you so he wasn't going to pay you so you have lost nothing so cannot sue them.

Put your time and effort in to finding a new gig.
                +1 as I continually tell my children ( in preparation for later life) life's unfair live with it
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                  Well in 20 years of contracting it's never happened to me before. The thing is someone (apparently) has defamed me and the consequences could be far reaching. I'd like to 'stop the rot' and restore my reputation.
                  And earn a reputation for being a trouble causer. That will stick a lot longer than a failed gig. Contracting, as you are finding out, is a very small world.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    And earn a reputation for being a trouble causer. That will stick a lot longer than a failed gig. Contracting, as you are finding out, is a very small world.
                    But if someone is bad mouthing your reputation and stopping you getting work and the world is small you need to deal with it.

Personally the world is not small but some agencies and companies are just crap at times and use excuses that make things worse rather than better. I reckon this is one of those cases
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X