• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting through Australian Pty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting through Australian Pty

I will be working for a short term in UK.

I believe it may be possible to use a pty that I set up in Australia. I am a naturalised citizen of that country.

Could somebody cooperate please that I am correct in this assumption.

If you are going through an agency absolutely no chance.

If you are going through the direct clients I've had absolutely no chance.

They don't like dealing with European registered companies so no chance with a non-EU one.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Murphy View Post
      I will be working for a short term in UK.

I believe it may be possible to use a pty that I set up in Australia. I am a naturalised citizen of that country.

Could somebody cooperate please that I am correct in this assumption.
      Do u have a UK Tier 1 Work Visa or are you an EU citizen?

Having AUS citizenship gives no right to work in UK or EU unless you can get on the Tier 5 YMS scheme...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Do u have a UK Tier 1 Work Visa or are you an EU citizen?

Having AUS citizenship gives no right to work in UK or EU unless you can get on the Tier 5 YMS scheme...
        I think he i entitled to an Entrepreneur visa since he has his own pty. He can then come and do contracting.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Ok looks like I need to join umbrella co which isn't what I wanted to do for the taxes. Not much point setting up a UK LLC

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            If you are going through an agency absolutely no chance.

If you are going through the direct clients I've had absolutely no chance.

They don't like dealing with European registered companies so no chance with a non-EU one.
            Where in Aussie are you from?

Comment

Working...
            X