• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet another pension query...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another pension query...

Hi,

I've read a number of threads on pensions and I think I've understood what's been said.

I'm planning to use my ltd co to contribute around £30k this year to my personal SIPP ( with Hargreaves Lansdown ) as a business expense.

My question is : Do I need any paperwork before I transfer the money from my business account to the pension account, such as prior approval from HMRC?

Cheers

Spanner

Originally posted by Spanner View Post
    Hi,

I've read a number of threads on pensions and I think I've understood what's been said.

I'm planning to use my ltd co to contribute around £30k this year to my personal SIPP ( with Hargreaves Lansdown ) as a business expense.

My question is : Do I need any paperwork before I transfer the money from my business account to the pension account, such as prior approval from HMRC?

Cheers

Spanner
    You have to fill in HL's Employer contribution form and send a cheque from your business account to do a one off contribution - form is here.

You can also do regular Direct Debit contributions but I haven't tried these.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanner View Post
      Hi,

Cheers

Spanner
      You do not need approval from HMRC. However, make sure you keep the supporting paperwork for your records.

Comment

Working...
      X