• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quoted low but client offerring more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoted low but client offerring more

Hi- I quoted low during initial discussion with the agency, having forgotten that they have advertised a higher rate. Now, the it looks quite positive after my interview with the client that I will land the role.
    Should I re-negotiate the rate with the agency?

It´s easy to do just tell them the market has picked up and you´ve got an enquiries at a higher rate and it wouldn´t be worth your while otherwise. This all depends on how long you´ve been on the bench and how desperate you are. If you really need this contract you don´t want to push too hard. If the phone never stops ringing and you have several more interviews lined up then you can play hard ball.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 August 2013, 18:43.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
      Should I re-negotiate the rate with the agency?
      Always worth a try, but unless you are in a position of strength then be careful about how you do this.

If the agency operates on a fixed-margin basis, then they will have already pitched you to the client at one rate, and that will now need to increase.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
      X