• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet another reason not to be a Permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another reason not to be a Permie

Hundreds of UK CSC staff face chop, told to train Indian replacements
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

happens to contractors as well but they import the staff because they aren't replacing a UK worker.

do feel sorry for them but the government need to stop all confidential data going offshore. Think of the tax increase.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No surprise there. I only wished they stayed out of Eastern Europe and did not pull our Poilytechnic graduates under their incompetent management!.
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

This was how I got into my field.

The company I was working for were offshoring the Irish equivalent of my team to India and I was asked to go out as part of the team to train them up.
        I came back and managed to wangle myself into becoming a part-time trainer for the UK team. Then when my team was offshored to India I went out again and trained up the replacements for myself and my colleagues. Most of the team were made redundant, but I got kept on, managed to get myself shifted into full-time training for other departments, built up a load of experience and then got made redundant a few years later with a nice payout.
        Had one brief foray into permie-life since (11 months before redundancy - and no pay out )

What is it that annoying bastards always say? "It's not a problem, it's an opportunity."

Comment

Working...
        X