• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's Vietnamese for Bob?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Vietnamese for Bob?

Probably old news here, but I was sent an email from some 'Head of Technology' at Mortimer Spinks about some tulipe permie role. Amongst all the tulipe "Oh look how great I am' links in her email signature was this link

Mortimer Spinks and Harvey Nash mission to Offshore software development centre, Vietnam

December 3, 2012 2:36 PM

Vietnam is one of the most exciting growth markets in the world. It is in fact the second fastest growing economy in the world and with 5% growth rates, it's a heady prospect for most countries! There is no better way of understanding the opportunities & building long lasting relationships than to spend time in the country. It was my goal to ensure I was there in Vietnam on our mission, living the dream; networking with CIO's, learning more about our world class offshore proposition and soaking in the culture and of course sunshine!

As part of the Harvey Nash Group, Mortimer Spinks offer the stability, infrastructure and quality of a major Plc and we have long promoted opportunities for British business in Vietnam. The country has a 'can-do' spirit with friendly, smiley people and growing middle class. Vietnam is easy to do business with thanks to its young, educated population, infrastructures and its low-cost economy.
    Spinks Snapshot

The new Bob cometh!
    sasguru says:
    Yes but you are quite limited after all
    Answers on a postcard please!

A "Bob" is by definition an incompetent off-shore worker. The Vietnamese are competent, so there is no equivalent.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      A "Bob" is by definition an incompetent off-shore worker. The Vietnamese are competent, so there is no equivalent.
      Ah thanks, I got that wrong then.
      sasguru says:

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        The Vietnamese are competent, so there is no equivalent.
        & that statement couldn't possibly be influenced by your choice of wife
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Shame...

I think all offshoring is implemented, managed and executed by incompetents! At the end of the day, such scum want to export our jobs to the lower paid!

The crux of the whole bulltulip article in that a UK agency is actively encouraging the off-shoring of software dev jobs to the new bob-land.

As a result of this tulip, I won't ever deal with Mortimer Spanks or Harvey Gash!
          Last edited by ExPermie; 11 August 2013, 18:06.
          sasguru says:

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            You might think that, I couldn't possible comment.

Originally posted by ExPermie View Post
            Shame...

I think all offshoring is implemented, managed and executed by incompetents!...
            All that's required is the first two to be crap (which they usually are), and the last makes little difference.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X