• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chavez stirring it up.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez stirring it up.

Does this concern anyone else?

Visiting Tehran as part of a foreign tour, Mr Chavez also pledged Venezuela would "stand by Iran at any time and under any condition".

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad described Mr Chavez as a "brother and trenchmate".

Venezuela and Iran are close allies, both members of the Opec oil-producing cartel and fierce critics of the US.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5226290.stm

And

He is expected to complete deals worth around $1bn (£542m) to buy Russian fighter jets and helicopters on Thursday in Moscow.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5216906.stm

Bloody Chavs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife

Well since a number of high profile public figures in the US have openly called for, variously: An invasion of Venezuela, the assassinsation of Chavez,the instigation of a military coup to depose or the use of the CIA to instigate political change to get rid of him it's hardly surprising.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Say thanks to the West supporting Putin in his fraudlent "elections".

Comment

[QUOTE=Pondlife]Does this concern anyone else?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5226290.stm

Chavez as i understand it, was directly elected. A funny thing democracy!

Usual story though, the Neo Cons at the White House hate him cos he won't let them have control over the oil (venezuela used to supply the US with alot of oil) and try to undermine him, remember that attempted coup 2 years ago that the US deny any involvement with.

All this stuff just makes El Presidente Chavez more popular with the illiterate and un-educated. Just like Fidel

Comment

The Chavez regieme represents a clear and present danger to our freedoms and our very way of life.

I have on my desk documents which prove his odious and vile regieme are producing Weapons of Mass Destruction.

For security reasons I am not at liberty to disclose this source, but trust me on this one.

We defend our right to defend ourselves against such threats, the recent donation of cheap oil to poor Americans from Chavez was sickening and so this evil Madman must be stopped at all costs.

If that requires a nuclear solution then we will prevail.

PS Notes ... Must remember Bin L. to mention Chavez on the next video release ...
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 31 July 2006, 12:45.

Comment

Fred....Shudafukup !

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
                Usual story though, the Neo Cons at the White House hate him cos he won't let them have control over the oil
                Remember, this is the administration whose president said "we don't need to import oil from abroad, we can get it from Mexico". American Democracy is an interesting but somewhat historical concept.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                  Remember, this is the administration whose president said "we don't need to import oil from abroad, we can get it from Mexico". American Democracy is an interesting but somewhat historical concept.
                  Hysterical, surely...
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Don't know about you lot but I'd rather have Chavez in my corner than Blair - at least I'd know he was doing what's best for his country, whereas Blair is just Bush's poodle, always obeying Bush's every command. I mean, have you ever know Blair to stand up for himself.

You can say what you like about the French, but at least their leader stands up for his country. We must be a laughing stick around the world, totally gutless and always eager to please the Americans - where's our dignity?

And with his talk to Murdoch & Co, you can see he's trying to set up a lucrative contract when his 'presidenacy' ends. The sooner B-liar goes the better it'll be for everyone.

I hope we have street parties to celebrate our freedom when he finally does go, can't wait.
                    Last edited by BankingContractor; 31 July 2006, 12:55.

Comment

Working...
                    X