• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dilema

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilema

Get home today and notice my retired neighbour's nice new gate, just as he comes rushing out of his house in a bit of a fluster. Turns out in getting the gate done he dropped a large plank of wood on my nice german sports car and it is dented. He was terribly apologetic and is insisting he pays to get it repaired.

Now, i'm not convinced he is that well off, and he is a really good bloke who is always willing to give me a hand if needed, so, i'm a bit unsure about taking his money. Gut feel is that I will tell him it didn't cost much so i'll take a few quid off him and pay most of it myself.

What would the contractor panel do?

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Get home today and notice my retired neighbour's nice new gate, just as he comes rushing out of his house in a bit of a fluster. Turns out in getting the gate done he dropped a large plank of wood on my nice german sports car and it is dented. He was terribly apologetic and is insisting he pays to get it repaired.

Now, i'm not convinced he is that well off, and he is a really good bloke who is always willing to give me a hand if needed, so, i'm a bit unsure about taking his money. Gut feel is that I will tell him it didn't cost much so i'll take a few quid off him and pay most of it myself.

That would be a very generous thing to do. How much will it cost? Is it a lot of money to you?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Damn right sir. you are a decent bloke and im proud to know you
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Tell him that you will pay for it as long as he lets you bum him.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I thought this was another thread about dividing llamas
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

WZ&EOS. Good man (assuming you self-identify as a man).

Comment

Call him a cretin.

sasguru

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                That would be a very generous thing to do. How much will it cost? Is it a lot of money to you?
                Hasn't broken the paintwork so hoping it would be a relatively easy job and under £100. If it isn't though, then heading to the £400 level.

But you really can't beat having a neighbour who you can leave keys with and who will take delivery of stuff for you.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Damn right sir. you are a decent bloke and im proud to know you
                  Too kind sir.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Tell him that you will pay for it as long as he lets you bum him.
                  He would have to pay at least twice for that privelege.

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I thought this was another thread about dividing llamas
                  Do you divide them lengthways or widthways?

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  WZ&EOS. Good man (assuming you self-identify as a man).
                  Indeed I am, thank you.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Call him a cretin.

sasguru
                  He was calling himself a cretin quite enough!

Comment

See if it's covered under his house insurance (3rd party claims or accidental damage).

Comment

Working...
                    X