• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheet disagreement with client - legal situation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheet disagreement with client - legal situation?

Client does not disagree with the hours worked but is disagreeing that they agreed to shift work that day. Basically, they did a rota (and I have email to prove it). All the planned work for this week went well and, it seems at some point, they decided they wanted to save a bit of money by not having contractors working 12 hours on the last day. But told no-one.

4 or 5 of us in the situation now where we worked 12 hours. I would gladly have gone home early on the Friday - last thing I wanted was to stay late and then drive home.

Contract is via agency who to be fair have been very good so far. Not the first problem with this contract. Not like me to stick up for agencies.

At the moment, client is refusing to authorise the time for that day. Not cool.

With no signed timesheet where do I stand? Only talking about 1/2 days pay here but still its taking the piss.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Client does not disagree with the hours worked but is disagreeing that they agreed to shift work that day. Basically, they did a rota (and I have email to prove it). All the planned work for this week went well and, it seems at some point, they decided they wanted to save a bit of money by not having contractors working 12 hours on the last day. But told no-one.

4 or 5 of us in the situation now where we worked 12 hours. I would gladly have gone home early on the Friday - last thing I wanted was to stay late and then drive home.

Contract is via agency who to be fair have been very good so far. Not the first problem with this contract. Not like me to stick up for agencies.

With no signed timesheet where do I stand? Only talking about 1/2 days pay here but still its taking the piss.
    Opted In or Opted Out?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Cut out or not cut out?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Opted In or Opted Out?
        In.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Cut out or not cut out?
          Thats a no brainer

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

In.
            Then you should know the answer to the question already

Comment

In.
              Then invoice and let the agent sort it out. You may want to explain to the agency the situation, otherwise they'll come back to you with "Can you get the timesheet signed?" and you'll just have to explain then.

Don't expect them to understand the implications of being "opted in" (I hate that phrase) until you spell it out to them.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Then you should know the answer to the question already
                I'll have to check but I always thought the opted in only protected you in the event of HAVING a signed timesheet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  Then invoice and let the agent sort it out. You may want to explain to the agency the situation, otherwise they'll come back to you with "Can you get the timesheet signed?" and you'll just have to explain then.

Don't expect them to understand the implications of being "opted in" (I hate that phrase) until you spell it out to them.
                  That is the plan for now. But, even though this agency is fairly good, I can't see they're going to want to upset their client by kicking off on my behalf for a few quid.

I think the client knows this and has got what they want and is well aware of it.

Could be worse. Direct contractors here got told that because of admin issues there was delay of a few weeks with payment from last month. Yeh right - more like deliberate cashflow management.

Comment

That is the plan for now. But, even though this agency is fairly good, I can't see they're going to want to upset their client by kicking off on my behalf for a few quid.

I think the client knows this and has got what they want and is well aware of it.

Could be worse. Direct contractors here got told that because of admin issues there was delay of a few weeks with payment from last month. Yeh right - more like deliberate cashflow management.
                    It doesn't matter if they want to take it up with the client or not - they still have to pay you if you did the work. It's their choice to either suck it up, or pass that cost along to the client.

Comment

Working...
                    X