• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to look like a fool due to not thinking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to look like a fool due to not thinking

Letter from council to client co regarding a road closure.

If you want this letter in Braille please ring ....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Oh it's about the council, I thought you were going to give us the benefit of your experience.

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Oh it's about the council, I thought you were going to give us the benefit of your experience.

Once upon a time, I was told if you can't think of anything nice to say don't say it.

Its a shame your very expensive private school didn't teach you the same. No wonder you had to live on the goodwill of others to get work (you admit to using the old boys network)
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

No wonder you had to live on the goodwill of others to get work (you admit to using the old boys network)
        My current clients are in Germany and France where the old boys network doesn't apply.
        Only my skills and rep.

HTH, BIDI.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

My current clients are in Germany and France where the old boys network doesn't apply.
          Only my skills and rep.

HTH, BIDI.
          I didn't know spud technicians were in demand over there
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Only my skills and rep.

HTH, BIDI.
            What happens when admin resets it?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

What do you expect them to do? Have you considered that blind people might have a helper who can phone the council on the supplied number so they are aware to send future correspondence in braille?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It would be worse if they did it the other way round.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

A mate at school who was into computers back in the day wrote a program on the BBC for dyslexics and added in a function for the blind which read 'press the Enter key to continue' and how we laughed and took the piss (he said that he designed it so it would talk to you) oh how we ripped the piss some more.

He dropped me a line recently on Friends Reunited and is now a multi millionaire / founder / CEO of his own company of 1000 employees just down the road in Orange County California and has invited me down for a catchup.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    A mate at school who was into computers back in the day wrote a program on the BBC for dyslexics and added in a function for the blind which read 'press the Enter key to continue' and how we laughed and took the piss (he said that he designed it so it would talk to you) oh how we ripped the piss some more.

He dropped me a line recently on Friends Reunited and is now a multi millionaire / founder / CEO of his own company of 1000 employees just down the road in Orange County California and has invited me down for a catchup.
                    Hey, MF. The year 2002 called - it wants it's fictional tale back.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X