• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edinburgh Military Tattoo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edinburgh Military Tattoo

Wow - good to see the Beeb putting this on a prime time slot. Surely a bit militaristic for them?

Not the same without Raymond Baxter, mind you.

Wonder if they'll cover the Royal Tournament.....

It's a braw event to be sure. The best tickets are always sold out a year before hand. Don't know any other event in the UK like this that takes place way up high in a castle.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      It's a braw event to be sure. The best tickets are always sold out a year before hand. Don't know any other event in the UK like this that takes place way up high in a castle.
      Haven't been for years.

But when I visited Edinburgh last year, the grandstand seating was up at the castle. Uncle says he think it's a permanent fixture now? Looks horrible if it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Haven't been for years.

But when I visited Edinburgh last year, the grandstand seating was up at the castle. Uncle says he think it's a permanent fixture now? Looks horrible if it is.
        No, they started putting it up about 1 or 2 months ago. It looks pretty bad from the bottom of the hill.

Comment

I was in the kitchen cooking my dinner and it was on the TV on which the channel can only be changed in the living room.

I was having one of those "can I hold out for the next 10 minutes until the pasta is ready or will I have to go through and change the channel" moments. I had to go through and change the channel.

It must be absolute torture going to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            It must be absolute torture going to see that.
            Thought it was a wonderful spectacle myself

Comment

Of course once the scots gain their independence their military tattoo will be more like this:

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Thought this was about getting a tattoo of Shaunbhoy on your arse.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Thought this was about getting a tattoo of Shaunbhoy up your arse.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                  X