• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most expensive business platforms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most expensive business platforms

Hi Fellows,

What is the most expensive business platform you ever worked with (i.e. SAP, Murex MX, Oracle Middleware, Tibco) ?
    I am looking to get an idea of what is the most expensive business platform to work with.

Cheers

Oracle
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The Internet.
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by zerointeractive View Post
        Hi Fellows,

What is the most expensive business platform you ever worked with (i.e. SAP, Murex MX, Oracle Middleware, Tibco) ?
        I am looking to get an idea of what is the most expensive business platform to work with.

Cheers
        The bespoke system an ex-client co built for themselves that cost twice what it would have done had they gone with any of the above, which they did anyway after two years when they couldn't get the home brew solution to work properly.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Oracle
          Oracle suite is huge. Can you be more specific ?

Comment

Wipro
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

A bit difficult to answer, for example a GDPS on z12EC with zBX running z/OS, IMS, DB2 and CICS could be costing you over a million per month in licensing. Thats pretty expensive and what most financial companies use...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Avaloq costs a fortune, that much I know.

Comment

Originally posted by zerointeractive View Post
                  Oracle suite is huge. Can you be more specific ?
                  The opening question is hardly specific.

Are you talking about initial purchase, ongoing licence, product development, costs in terms of man-hours, support costs, hardware requirements, cost per head, absolute costs... You might as well ask "how much does a car cost?"

Is there any reason behind the question which might help the more benevolent members of this forum to provide you with a better targeted answer?

Comment

Isn't the question a more clearcut one.

Which expensive business platform is so expensive a company won't object to hiring /notice an expensive resource for a lot of money for a long period of time?

I would probably answer oracle based on past experience. As unless you can show you have appropriate qualified resource in house they won't support you when it goes wrong.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X