• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Microsoft Certified Masters or Microsoft Certified Architects on here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Microsoft Certified Masters or Microsoft Certified Architects on here?

"Friday afternoon email 'retires' Microsoft Certified Master and Microsoft Certified Architect"

"Microsoft has again enraged some of its most committed users, by “retiring” the Microsoft Certified Master (MCM), Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM), and Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA) certifications. The decision comes just weeks after Microsoft closed its TechNet service, angering users forced into more expensive MSDN subscriptions.

The three certifications had, until last week, been billed as Microsoft's most elite qualifications. MCSM, for example, earns the label “The pinnacle of professional distinction” here on Redmond's “Find the right IT certification” page. The MCM is praised as Microsoft's “deepest level of product expertise” here while the MCA is said to “Distinguish your expertise as one of the highest-achieving professionals in IT.”"

Source: Microsoft cans three 'pinnacle' certifications, sparking user fury

"Hi, I'm a Microsoft Certified Master and I hold the arcane secrets of the Registry. Due to the changing world I will now been know as a Microsoft and Intelligent Network General Expert and will oversee the growth of the magic Interweb."
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      "Hi, I'm a Microsoft Certified Master and I hold the arcane secrets of the Registry. Due to the changing world I will now been know as a Microsoft and Intelligent Network General Expert and will oversee the growth of the Majestic Interweb."
      FTFY

Comment

I'm an MCSE - Minesweeper Consultant and Solitaire Expert....

Comment

Christ, what a bus service

http://rt.com/in-motion/paraguay-bus...s-crucify-254/
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Aren't most of us MHATEs - Microsoft Hating Alternative Technology Experts?

Having said which I quite like their phone O/S.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              The three certifications had, until last week, been billed as Microsoft's most elite qualifications. MCSM, for example, earns the label “The pinnacle of professional distinction” here on Redmond's “Find the right IT certification” page. The MCM is praised as Microsoft's “deepest level of product expertise” here while the MCA is said to “Distinguish your expertise as one of the highest-achieving professionals in IT.”"

Source: Microsoft cans three 'pinnacle' certifications, sparking user fury
              One reason I've never gone for high level certificates is that they leave you with a single technology stack. Then when the wind changes you can't easily escape.

It does seem a bit rich to be dropping them at no notice but once you announce they are dead down the line in reality they are dead immediately so I'll give 1 point to microsoft for understanding reality.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                One reason I've never gone for high level certificates is that they leave you with a single technology stack. Then when the wind changes you can't easily escape.

It does seem a bit rich to be dropping them at no notice but once you announce they are dead down the line in reality they are dead immediately so I'll give 1 point to microsoft for understanding reality.
                WES

Having looked at course material from Sun, Redhat, Oracle and Microsoft over the years it really astounds me that IT folk can be so naive. Most of the labs can be handled by a competent person in under a day while you spend the rest of the week wondering how the rest of the thick bastards in the room can get the same simple instructions so wrong... I also take particular issue with companies like cisco who teach the their courses purely as a way to expand the complexity of the solution and move more products. I had the misfortune to meet a CCDA or whatever the very top accolade they have these days. We were working on a solution design that ended up with 500k worth of Server and San hardware but close to a million pounds worth of Cisco toys. To them it was well thats what they told me to do in the courses so it must be right... I just told them to go away and find me 4 top of rack switches and a small core router and firewall from any other vendor. This reduced the costs considerably

Comment

I read a number of the Microsoft exam papers, and cross referrenced with their expected answers. For me it was like reading an O level Computing paper, in that if you know a lot about the subject you know that the expected answers at that level of understanding are actually wrong when looked at from a more advanced level. Many of the Microsoft expected answers I would expect anyone half decent with a minimal amount of experience to know better than repeat the nonsense they expect you to learn parrot fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                    I read a number of the Microsoft exam papers, and cross referrenced with their expected answers. For me it was like reading an O level Computing paper, in that if you know a lot about the subject you know that the expected answers at that level of understanding are actually wrong when looked at from a more advanced level. Many of the Microsoft expected answers I would expect anyone half decent with a minimal amount of experience to know better than repeat the nonsense they expect you to learn parrot fashion.
                    I always adopted the approach of what answer would a Microsoft Marketing manager pick as the answer.

I got 100% in the first paper that I adopted the approach in. As it was the .net security paper (a freebie exam) I gave up after that.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X