• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heeelp!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heeelp!!!!!

Its my very first contract and i will need your supreme help so i do not fall into the hands of the Tax Man.

I have spoken to my accountant and he has advised me on some things.

Can i claim my travel card and mobile phone costs against my company?

Get a new accountant immediately. You're wasting your money with this one.

Yes to both, by the way - up to 24 months for the travel card and there is no BIK for a company mobile so either buy it in the company's name or use your own and charge all work-related calls to the company.

Now go away and find out what you've got yourself into properly.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
      Get a new accountant immediately. You're wasting your money with this one.

Yes to both, by the way - up to 24 months for the travel card and there is no BIK for a company mobile so either buy it in the company's name or use your own and charge all work-related calls to the company.

Now go away and find out what you've got yourself into properly.
      I thought the purpose of this site was to share information......and to find out "what he has got himself into properly"..........Must have been wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Higs
        I thought the purpose of this site was to share information......and to find out "what he has got himself into properly"..........Must have been wrong
        Oi! I resemble that remark. Just becuase it ain't pretty or polite doesn't make it bad advice.

He has a crap accountant, if they can't answer such basic questions, so he will lose money if he stays with them. So get a better one.

He has done no research. There's plenty of info out there, so start by helping yourself, then we'll pitch in.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Agreed Malvolio,

That is probably one of the most basic questions that has got the poor mans accountant stumped.

Simon/Darren all yours.

Comment

I think we’re’ being invaded by caravan trolls.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Run for the hills the caravaners are here bunch of W@nkers

Comment

Is a caravan a dedecutible expense?

For example, if staying with family, friends, or in hotel accomodation, you can claim a certain amount per night.

If I was to take a caravan with me to a camping site near the client, could I claim the expense? Also, how would I get a receipt for electricity used while at the camping site, and would depreciation be included in my accounts?

I am completely new to all this so I will continue to post whatever questions pop into my head rather than read the forums.
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  I worked with a chappie who had a company caravan... that's exactly what he did until someone nicked it.
                  Bloody Pikeys !!
                  Last edited by lORD lUCAN; 9 August 2006, 08:05.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                    Is a caravan a dedecutible expense?

For example, if staying with family, friends, or in hotel accomodation, you can claim a certain amount per night.

If I was to take a caravan with me to a camping site near the client, could I claim the expense? Also, how would I get a receipt for electricity used while at the camping site, and would depreciation be included in my accounts?

I am completely new to all this so I will continue to post whatever questions pop into my head rather than read the forums.
                    This was posted as a serious thread on one of the PCG forums a while back and so the answer is yes.

Happy 'vaning

Comment

Working...
                    X