• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoying Excel problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying Excel problem

Got a workbook which has links to another. Suddenly, every time I open the first, I am getting 3 messages telling me the second is already open and asking if I want to reopen it. There is no code in the first book but if I check in VBA it shows the VBA project from the second, although the workbook itself is not actually open.

Tried just copying sheets to another book and recreating book with cut n paste which usually solve weird Excel link problems but not this time. Any other brill ideas? Ta.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 12 September 2013, 20:40.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Yes, open locally. I'm guessing you're opening it on a network drive?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Cheers but it's not on a network, both in same folder.

Anyway, solved by just getting backup version and doing all changes again. Grrrr.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X