• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is my CV really put forward to client ? How do I know

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my CV really put forward to client ? How do I know

How do I know my CV is presented to the client ? An agency may just take my consent to represent me so that no other agency presents me to the client and never put my application forward (may be they want to prevent competition with their own candidates who are already at some stage of interview).

Originally posted by raphal View Post
    How do I know my CV is presented to the client ? An agency may just take my consent to represent me so that no other agency presents me to the client and never put my application forward (may be they want to prevent competition with their own candidates who are already at some stage of interview).
    Agree to exclusive representation when they confirm in writing that your CV has been submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by raphal View Post
      That doen't make sense because you are also their candidate

This doesn't sound like a feasible scenario.

They have more chance of success if they offer more than one candidate, particularly if you are better.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

^They are not going to submit 50 CVs. It's perfectly feasible that they will submit 3-6 then tell other candidates they are perfect but not represent them.

Comment

Do we assume your two contracts in hand didn't come off?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Always agree to be represented provided your CV is submitted.

Comment

Another thing, always insist that the recruiter can represent you for a fixed period of time to get you an interview.
              Failing an interview time and date, consider yourself free to be represented by another agency.

That way, if they don't get you an interview, you have an obligation to yourself to get a better recruiter for a gig.

Actually, the question is quite interesting in that if you get the gig, you know the usual "you can't approach client directly within X months", but we don't speak about the time limit for approaching the client if no interview is forthcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Do we assume your two contracts in hand didn't come off?

The first agency was after me to ge the contract signed. so couldn't manage to buy more time, signed first agency and told the second one I have accepted another gig.
                Last edited by raphal; 15 September 2013, 09:17.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

They have more chance of success if they offer more than one candidate, particularly if you are better.
                  It does if it stops you being represented by another agent, it gives their prime candidates a better chance by taking you out of the game.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Incredibly naive to be brutally honest. This is exactly what agents do, especially when there are multiple agencies competing to place someone for a gig.

They keep you off the market for the first round, then have you as a backup if none of their first round of interviewees get picked.

Comment

Working...
                    X