• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountancy charges?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountancy charges?

Quick question, do you pay your accountancy charges from your business account or from your personal account and claim it back?

Business account - not sure why one wouldn't?
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

They're business charges, not personal, so should be paid by the business; not you as an individual. Not that it makes much more difference other than creating more work for yourself.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

I wonder if the OP is angling paying it off on some kind of reward card so getting that benefit and then expensing it back.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The contract is between my company and theirs, so their company invoice my company, and my company pays it.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Generally business account, but private account and claiming back makes little odds.

Normally there are no issues around deductibility either way.

The "who is the contract with" issue is interesting. We write ours jointly with company and directors as its directors responsibility to cause accounts etc to happen.

Comment

You *can* pay for business expenses personally and claim them back, normally without any issues or extra paperwork (e.g. it doesn't normally have to go on the P11D) if its clearly a business expense and invoiced to the company. I've had to do this once or twice before (on one occasion was some computer hardware and the company card kept on getting rejected by the vendor so I stuck it on my personal card and claimed it back).

That said, I don't think its a good habit to get into. Obviously there will be certain expenses you incur personally that you need to claim back through the company (e.g. business travel) but generally, it's just good practice to keep your business and personal finances separate wherever possible.
                Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 19 September 2013, 16:41.

Comment

Working...
                X