• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies should not be in control like this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies should not be in control like this

We contractors like to think we're in control. We're not, we're being royally squeezed by agencies for no serious service.

What we need is a central agency for contractors, run by contractors. It only requires a portal for companies and candidates to meet without the bs middlemen who are playing us against each other.

Originally posted by masonryan View Post
    We contractors like to think we're in control. We're not, we're being royally squeezed by agencies for no serious service.

What we need is a central agency for contractors, run by contractors. It only requires a portal for companies and candidates to meet without the bs middlemen who are playing us against each other.
    You are talking out of your arse. I suggest you form a better relationship with your sales team (The agents).

Hth but I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      You are talking out of your arse. I suggest you form a better relationship with your sales team (The agents).

Hth but I seriously doubt it.
      I expect some to angrily react, probably have a vested interest with an agency somewhere and don't want the truth revealed.

Comment

Erm.. is this in response to you PERMIE interview? How the hell can you make it a contractor issue when you are going for a permie position? If you want to use the 'we' term here go post on permieuk.com.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Erm.. is this in response to you PERMIE interview? How the hell can you make it a contractor issue when you are going for a permie position? If you want to use the 'we' term here go post on permieuk.com.
          Agencies rip us off in both the permie and contractor marketplace. Next time and agent calls about a contract, I will ask where it is, then I will say no thanks and contact the company personally to enquire.

Comment

Agencies rip us off in both the permie and contractor marketplace. Next time an agent calls about a contract, I will ask inform him I am not cut out and am in a permie job so I am not interested
            FTFY
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I expect some to angrily react, probably have a vested interest with an agency somewhere and don't want the truth revealed.
              Checks which forum we're in.

We're all in on it ...... sshhhhhh!!

Comment

It's well known agents sign up to forums like these to push ideas and defend their reputation when the truth comes out about their 'business' dealings. I say, let's put them out of business as they're ripping us all off. Middle-men are being removed everywhere else, why not recruiting also? May as well have a price comparison site of contractors for employers to approach.

Comment

It's well known agents sign up to forums like these to push ideas and defend their reputation when the truth comes out about their 'business' dealings. I say, let's put them out of business as they're ripping us all off. Middle-men are being removed everywhere else, why not recruiting also? May as well have a price comparison site of contractors for employers to approach.
                  Then google contractor club, I'm sure they'll make you a member like a shot.

(A price comparison site?? And you were the one complaining about being squeezed on your rate!)
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Then google contractor club, I'm sure they'll make you a member like a shot.
                    No thanks.

Anyway the guy who set it up posts on here.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X