• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assesment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assesment

Hello all,

So I set up my limited company yesterday, do I have to submit a self assessment by the 31st October if the company has only been formed for two weeks?

Thanks in advance
    Mike

Originally posted by miketempest View Post
    Hello all,

So I set up my limited company yesterday, do I have to submit a self assessment by the 31st October if the company has only been formed for two weeks?

Thanks in advance
    Mike
    Not because of this new company, no. This is the tax year ending on 05/04/2014 so your first tax return will cover 06/04/2013 to 05/04/2014 and be due by 31/01/2015. The October filing deadline only applies to paper returns, filing online gives you extra time.

Unless of course you had any other reason to file a tax return for the year to 05/04/2013, such as:

Child benefit and an income over £50k
    You were a director of another company
    You had rental income, capital gains/losses, foreign income or any other income that needed to be declared
    You earned over £100k

More from HMRC on if you need a tax return here: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa/need-tax-return.htm
    Last edited by Clare@InTouch; 17 October 2013, 09:21.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X