• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council tax 'rises for migrants'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Council tax 'rises for migrants'

"Sharp council tax rises may be needed in the next few years to fund housing and education for immigrant families, says the Local Government Association.
    The LGA, which represents local authorities in England and Wales, says rises of 6% on top of inflation-related increases may be needed in some places.

It says councils do not get enough cash to fund the services because official figures under-estimate migrant levels.

But ministers say funding is fair and based on the best figures available.

The claims come after Home Secretary John Reid called on Sunday for a migration advisory committee to recommend an "optimum" level of immigration. "

I thought immigration was all win win
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

New Lie Fckers

They will find some excuse to tax us out of all this.
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Excellent....! didn't know what to do with my spare cash anyway !

Comment

But ministers say funding is fair
        The "F" word again.
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

time to leave the country methinks. Only prob is that Oz pays a third of what i get here.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
            tax rises may be needed in the next few years to fund housing and education for immigrant families
            Remind me again how many other countries would put up with this...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Dont worry, John Reid will save us... after a period of consultation.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
              X