• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have agents stopped searching CVs on JobServe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have agents stopped searching CVs on JobServe?

I've noticed lately that when I get calls from agents, they're always saying they've found my CV on JobSite, CWJobs, etc.

None of them say they've found it on JobServe. However isn't Jobserve meant to be the most popular site for posting adverts?

I'm concerned something screwy has happened with my account. When I added my CV after almost two years of not using it, I noticed the new "My Profile" feature. I didn't fill this in but I could see after a day or two I'd had about 17 views of my CV.

After playing around with the profile feature, importing my CV, then getting seriously annoyed with the 'Skills list', and finally deleting my profile, I've noticed that I get almost no downloads or views of my CV. My CV is marked as searchable. I've also had to put a minimal summary profile on there just to set my status (availability, role sought, etc).

Anyone else getting agents finding them on Jobserve, also what are others seeing with the number of views/downloads of CV?

Never had much repsonse frorm jobserve and hardly ever CW or TotalJobs
    For some reason most agents find my CV on Monster, which I personally think is the worst of all the big job boards. 2nd best seems to be jobsite.
    Loads are starting to contact me through LinkedIN as well

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Never had much repsonse frorm jobserve and hardly ever CW or TotalJobs
      For some reason most agents find my CV on Monster, which I personally think is the worst of all the big job boards. 2nd best seems to be jobsite.
      Loads are starting to contact me through LinkedIN as well
      In my limited time as a contractor... what Eirukur said. Monster sucks as a place to find jobs - I get an email alert from them about twice a month if I'm lucky, but I get them daily from the usual other places. And yet I get more off-the-cuff calls from agencies that saw my CV there... Bizarre.

Comment

Something to report back.

I gave in and actually filled in the 'My Profile' page correctly,
        but still have my actual CV (.doc file) marked as the searchable CV.

Since yesterday I now have views and download stats appearing! Previously it had remained on 0 (0) views/downloads.

so either:
        • I'm now showing up in CV searches and wasn't before due to filling the 'my profile', even though its not supposed to be searchable.
        • Nobody was actually viewing my profile due to no matching keywords, etc.
        • The stats only work if you've filled in the 'my profile'
        • or some other weird reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          Something to report back.

I gave in and actually filled in the 'My Profile' page correctly,
          but still have my actual CV (.doc file) marked as the searchable CV.

Since yesterday I now have views and download stats appearing! Previously it had remained on 0 (0) views/downloads.

so either:
          • I'm now showing up in CV searches and wasn't before due to filling the 'my profile', even though its not supposed to be searchable.
          • Nobody was actually viewing my profile due to no matching keywords, etc.
          • The stats only work if you've filled in the 'my profile'
          • or some other weird reason.
          How do you get your download stats from JobServe?

Comment

Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
            How do you get your download stats from JobServe?
            Sign in to Jobserve (website, not mobile app)

At the bottom you'll see three tabs: My Profile, CVs, Saved Searches.
            Select the 'My Profile' tab.
            Look just below the word 'Activity'

Just checked now and somebody must have just viewed my profile as the number has increased.

Comment

Working...
            X