• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pension contribution limit from previous years when I had no pension account at all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pension contribution limit from previous years when I had no pension account at all

If I have not had a pension account at all anywhere so far, can I still use the pension contribution limit from previous years this year for an account I open now?

Generally it is possible. There are various rules. Your provider may be able to assist.

Comment

HM Revenue & Customs: Pension savings annual allowance calculator - introduction
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If you are only starting the pension now then you won't be able to utilise unused pension allowances from previous years - in order to do this, the pension scheme must have been open during the year that you wish to use the allowances for.

Hope this helps!
        Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Craig at Nixon Williams View Post
          If you are only starting the pension now then you won't be able to utilise unused pension allowances from previous years - in order to do this, the pension scheme must have been open during the year that you wish to use the allowances for.

Hope this helps!
          Craig
          Oh. That's a bummer.

Comment

Working...
          X