• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you own an rc helicopter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you own an rc helicopter?

I have 3. Well one is SY03s but I borrow it when I want as he's too small to fight back.

Just found mine after a tidy up and am charging it up as we speak. The chinook needs 6 AAs so will need to wait for another day.

In our old house the dining room and living room were knocked throug so you had a great range. I got so good at flying the things I could circle SY02s head repeatedly while she was ironing. She got fed up once and snatched it out of the air and threatened to stuff it somewhere. I fell about laughing and called her King Kong.

Such fun
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I have 3. Well one is SY03s but I borrow it when I want as he's too small to fight back.

Just found mine after a tidy up and am charging it up as we speak. The chinook needs 6 AAs so will need to wait for another day.

In our old house the dining room and living room were knocked throug so you had a great range. I got so good at flying the things I could circle SY02s head repeatedly while she was ironing. She got fed up once and snatched it out of the air and threatened to stuff it somewhere. I fell about laughing and called her King Kong.

Such fun
    Don't own one, but have bought lots as presents for the male members of the extended family.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Don't own one, but have bought lots as presents for the male members of the extended family.
      Well I have plenty. Please choose otherwise for the Christmas bash.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Are they radio controlled or infra-red?

I have an small infra red one, and a small RC one. I was looking at the bigger RC ones that can fly outside, they aren't expensive but they are slightly dangerous, you certainly wouldn't give one to a young kid.

I do quite fancy one of these though:

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH3980
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Are they radio controlled or infra-red?

I have an small infra red one, and a small RC one. I was looking at the bigger RC ones that can fly outside, they aren't expensive but they are slightly dangerous, you certainly wouldn't give one to a young kid.

I do quite fancy one of these though:

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH3980
          That looks like just what I'm after although I'm torn between your recommendation and something larger for outdoor only. It'll still be an electric heli as I've owned nitro heli's and cars in the past and can't be arsed with the hassle. LiPo seems to be the future...

Comment

I've one of those teeny-tiny ones and it's actually quite good but a normal sized room is a bit small IMO. Took it to church one week to fly it around the main hall, that was much more fun.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have a Blade mSR, its a single Bell-Hiller rotor and a step up from the coaxial choppers which are piss easy to fly by comparison.

Setup properly it will hover 'hands off' and it will fly outdoors in very calm conditions, I can get a few minutes doing forward flight figure 8's before it all so inevitably goes wrong, usually caused by overconfident fast acceleration mixed with 'nose in' disorientation. I'm convinced a real helicopter would be easier to fly.

Very good for the money and surprisingly robust considering I've crashed it maybe 100 times now.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I want one of those Parrot drone things, but they're a bit more pricey.
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  He will get his revenge in his choice of old people's home you are put in later in life..

Comment

I won one at an Oracle conference one year. Scares the hell out of the dog.
                    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
                    X