• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are homeowners destined for hell?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are homeowners destined for hell?

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 3 June 2022, 14:03.

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    Discuss.
    It depends whether or not they have accepted Jesus as their Saviour.

Comment

What bubble?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I say tenants are destined to hell.

HTH

Homeowner

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty
          There is no bubble. Er, I mean: there is no ladder, just a pile of bricks.

Q) What's the difference between a house seller and a house buyer?

A) The letter "S", as in: Seller = SMUG, Buyer = MUG
          Jacob's ladder? Gets you straight to heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty
            Ah, darling mudskipper, thankyou for the biblical reference.

Have to admit I'm not familiar with the story of Jacob's Ladder. Although I count myself as a Christian and I believe in Christian values, the Bible is still on my reading list and I have yet to read it cover-to-cover. I have read the Bhagavad Gita (which is sublime!) and The Bible is on my list to read. I respect all faiths.
            Not me! I'm an atheist, thank God.

Comment

not yet and not for a long time neither. there is no bubble - just a bit of spittle.

Comment

Should something be done about non residents like me? I.e. owning two houses in the UK and living in neither?
                Last edited by scooterscot; 12 November 2013, 11:45.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I am a home owner. I bought my home 16 years ago.

I have no intention of moving in the short to medium term.

Therefore short to medium term house prices movements don't bother me. Nor should they bother the other 80% - 90% of home owners who also have no intention of moving.

Is it a bubble? Nobody knows. If it is a bubble then who would it effect? First time buyers and BTL landlords would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Jacob's ladder? Gets you straight to heaven.
                    I saw that film. It was crap.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
                    X