• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Metropolitan Police seem to be rotten through and through

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Metropolitan Police seem to be rotten through and through

CCTV cameras indicate that they made up a story to discredit a cabinet minister. Secondly the Police Federation then misrepresented him - luckily he had made a secret recording of that meeting. Finally at least one has lied before an MPs committee: asked if he had a disciplinary record he said no, when he had.
    So what will it take to bring a case against these bent coppers, FFS.
    There's talk of an apology, FFS, when what they've done is tantamount to treason (subverting the state).
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    CCTV cameras indicate that they made up a story to discredit a cabinet minister. Secondly the Police Federation then misrepresented him - luckily he had made a secret recording of that meeting. Finally at least one has lied before an MPs committee: asked if he had a disciplinary record he said no, when he had.
    There's talk of an apology, FFS, when what they've done is tantamount to treason (subverting the state).
    Don't know; a dead Brazilian didn't make much difference.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Too large a force with too much power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Don't know; a dead Brazilian didn't make much difference.
        Quite, officer in charge of that got promoted, FFS.
        Like I said, rotten through and through.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

pop them in prison with the Huhnes, they got a few months for falsifying official documents.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            pop them in prison with the Huhnes, they got a few months for falsifying official documents.
            Compared to what the Huhnes did, this is far more serious.
            Like I said it's subverting the state.
            Long jail sentences are in order should the allegations be proved.
            Not surprisingly one of the officers involved has apparently gone off long term sick, no doubt on full pay, and can't be interviewed mad
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Compared to what the Huhnes did, this is far more serious.
              Like I said it's subverting the state.
              Long jail sentences are in order should the allegations be proved.
              Not surprisingly one of the officers involved has apparently gone off long term sick, no doubt on full pay, and can't be interviewed mad
              It is more serious agree, however a jail term and dismissal would send the right message without too much trouble with the judiciary or police federation. If they go in hard they will see industrial action.

tell them they take this or we go for the full charges.

If the government had cracked down on police behaviour then we could prosecute them fully.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Many people don't realise how serious this is.
                • They lied about the incident
                • Others (not the Met) lied about the meeting with the minister
                • One lied in court about his disciplinary record

There are other high-profile cases, such as the bloke in London who died after being hit by a police truncheon and they made up some c0ck and bull story that was eventually disproved by CCTV. How many more do they get away with?

Nobody can trust any police.

Comment

It's interesting that it takes a case with a cabinet minister to get this out into the open.

In my younger days I used to participate in anti-fascist demonstrations from time to time and the behaviour of the police (deliberate premeditated violence with identifying numbers removed from uniform beforehand) was such that I assumed that the police were all like this. And then I moved out of London and saw policing that was sensible and professional - not just small forces but Greater Manchester as well - and I drew the conclusion, based purely on my own experience, that it is the Met that is a real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Nobody can trust any police.
                    And that sir is the bottom line.

Comment

Working...
                    X