PDA

View Full Version : House sale disaster - advice please

EternalOptimist
16th June 2005, 19:05
A colleague at work is selling as part of a chain. He moved into rented accom 8 weeks ago and found out last week that the guy he is selling to is an 'investor'.
This guy was supposed to complete two weeks ago but has come up with a catalogue of excuses, ankle injury, out of the country, etc etc

I told my colleague that the alarm bells started with me when the word investor was mentioned but that doesnt give any practical help. Any ideas? (legal and non violent please)

:rolleyes

MilanB
16th June 2005, 19:08
Eternal,

just stop the renting contract and move back into your house

what's the big deal ?

next time, arm yourself with cash and you won't be at the mercy of the noddies in a chain

hth |I

Milan.

EternalOptimist
16th June 2005, 19:10
swine

I asked for serious non violent answers.

I now ask for serious non violent non superstar answers

:rolleyes

and it really is a colleague

I may have mentioned this before but

swine

milanbenes5
16th June 2005, 19:18
Eternal,

what's the big deal ?

next time, arm yourself with cash and you won't be at the mercy of the noddies in a chain

howzat ?

Milan.

EternalOptimist
16th June 2005, 19:21
swine

AtW
16th June 2005, 19:22
Eternal,

what's the big deal ?

@TWat.

EternalOptimist
16th June 2005, 19:24
russian swine

AtW
16th June 2005, 19:31
Do you live on a farm or something? :)

EternalOptimist
16th June 2005, 19:37
you dont have to be an astronaut to see the moon
you dont have to live on a farm to recognise a pig

grunt

MisterGoof
16th June 2005, 22:03
tell the INVESTOR to go forth and multiply

SupremeSpod
17th June 2005, 08:22
Set a deadline and stick to it!

NumptyCorner
17th June 2005, 10:37
A colleague at work is selling as part of a chain. He moved into rented accom 8 weeks ago and found out last week that the guy he is selling to is an 'investor'.
This guy was supposed to complete two weeks ago but has come up with a catalogue of excuses, ankle injury, out of the country, etc etc

I told my colleague that the alarm bells started with me when the word investor was mentioned but that doesnt give any practical help. Any ideas? (legal and non violent please)

Have you exchanged contracts? Sounds like he's scuppering around for money

ASB
17th June 2005, 11:32
If exchanged then suing is the only recourse. He will be able to recoup losses as a result of this. Best strategy is probably simply to keep the deposit and then to defend the counter claim.

Of course the chances of having exchanged are slim indeed. In which case all he can really do is make a few noises - which the other side will of course know.

He might as well move back in and start the sale process again.