• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think this bird at clientco fancies me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this bird at clientco fancies me

Each time I go outside for a fag, a robin appears out of nowhere and starts hopping around nearby.

It's clearly interested in me, and flutters or "shivers" its wings in a way that you'd almost think was meant to encourage me to do something instead of just standing there.

I wonder if over millennia robins have developed some instinctive behaviour to hang around near large lumbering creatures like humans and wild boar on the assumption that before long these will disturb the soil and allow them to snap up small insects and suchlike.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Each time I go outside for a fag, a robin appears out of nowhere and starts hopping around nearby.

It's clearly interested in me, and flutters or "shivers" its wings in a way that you'd almost think was meant to encourage me to do something instead of just standing there.

I wonder if over millennia robins have developed some instinctive behaviour to hang around near large lumbering creatures like humans and wild boar on the assumption that before long these will disturb the soil and allow them to snap up small insects and suchlike.
    Does the bird sitting behind reception also fancy you?

Comment

Would be much better if it was a pair of tits playfully jumping up and down in front of you..
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Would be much better if it was a pair of tits playfully jumping up and down in front of you..
        I googled for images of birds gobbling seed, I was very disappointed.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Yes, they seem to be naturally inquisitive. They often follow me around the garden. I rescued a Wren chick once, and that used to fly down and stand in front of my feet (near death for it if I missed spotting it in time)
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            I rescued a Wren chick once, and that used to fly down and stand in front of my feet (near death for it if I missed spotting it in time)
            I had a fledgling wren fly into my car while I was parked in a country lane near Marlow (during the day, and round the corner from clientco, before anyone asks!). Tiny thing, not much larger than a bumblebee.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X