• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Umbrella Company to Use

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Umbrella Company to Use

I have been contracting before for a number of years and was running my own company. I was not as organised as I should be and have decided to use an Umbrella Company this time. I don't mind paying for the convenience. What I was wondering is what Umbrella to use. So far I have considered Paystrean2000 and planit. Am interested to know about peoples feelings regarding quality of service/convenience, cost and level of reporting (I would like to us a company who gives me a good breakdown so I can fully see what the costs are and how money is broken down.

Regards,
    Ben
    Last edited by ftwig; 10 August 2006, 11:21. Reason: Spelling/Capitalisation

Here's a good one....

http://www.fultonumbrellas.com/

Comment

Do they have special dispensations from the Inland Revenue?
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

under no circumstances use Giant. Complete bunch of *******. It's been said before but wtf are you doing using an umbrella in the first place? I would seriously reconisder and use a limited company.

Comment

Apparently these are the guys at giant
          Last edited by Money Money Money; 10 August 2006, 12:55.
          l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Actualy I am now thinking of using planit to run a limited company for me as I can fall outside IR35.

Comment

Hmmm... In that case, perceived wisdom would be to look at Broosksons as well.However, I assume you have read the sticky thread at the top of this forum? £18k over three years is a damn expensive way to save a bit of effort...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by decode
                  under no circumstances use Giant. Complete bunch of *******. It's been said before but wtf are you doing using an umbrella in the first place? I would seriously reconisder and use a limited company.

I agree, Giant are a bunch of *******.
                  So glad that I am finally leaving them! Last invoice to go and then i am going the limited company way.. wootwoot.

Comment

I am amazed that you haven't been attacked more for your thread. Comments like

"If are outside IR35 why not do it yourself??" are commonplace.

But if you still cannot be bothered and have a few thousand to throw around and want a limited company rather than a composite(brookson) try Filetravel instead.

I ran through their limited company for about 12 months before I started my own. Flat rate vat is available if you want it too.

PlanIT seem to get a good response too. Especially as the MD now pays five quid to anyone who says they are any good.

Five pounds please Mr L.

Comment

Working...
                    X