• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was CUK better in the old days?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was CUK better in the old days?

Apparently it was. Obviously something as left wing democratic as a poll doesn't really answer anything because it doesn't take voters' sense of self-importance standing in the community into consideration but it passes the time when I'm working on a Monday night.
    Yes
    18.57%
    No
    14.29%
    Equally great
    11.43%
    Equally crap and tedious
    25.71%
    I wasn't here
    12.86%
    It was better before AndyW was banned
    17.14%
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Everything was better in the old days. Especially sweets. Whatever happened to those sherbet things you dipped liquorice sticks in? WTF was in sherbet anyway? Has it been banned?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Everything was better in the old days. Especially sweets. Whatever happened to those sherbet things you dipped liquorice sticks in? WTF was in sherbet anyway? Has it been banned?
      Except probably the internet? Unless we are very specific how recent the old days are

And I'm pretty sure those still exist, although recently they changed the packaging since having the liquorice sticking out was a massive health risk

They even still sell Sherbet Dib Dabs (which your username reminded me of).
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Except probably the internet? Unless we are very specific how recent the old days are
        The internet was definitely better. It's just gone downhill since day one really hasn't it.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It was better when I was a mod.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The internet was definitely better. It's just gone downhill since day one really hasn't it.

Comment

I've got some at home except they come in a plastic tube now and not paper
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Everything was better in the good old days.

Mind you, it's all relative...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-downhill.html
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

And I'm pretty sure those still exist, although recently they changed the packaging since having the liquorice sticking out was a massive health risk

They even still sell Sherbet Dib Dabs (which your username reminded me of).
                  The Sherbert Fountain has the liquorice in it and it's now in a plastic bottle.

And Dib Dabs are very much on sale.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sherbet-Dip-.../dp/B0048AIBHC
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

SHERBET FOUNTAINS: Sweets At The UKs No 1 Internet Sweetshop

Comment

Working...
                    X