• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

usa Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usa Mortgage

Does anyone have any experiance of raising funds to buy a home in Texas, I am having dificulty as tthe people I have talked to so far dont recognise my UK credit history and say I am at zero..any ideas most welcome.
    Cadengineer, Engineering contracting worldwide

Originally posted by cadengineer
    Does anyone have any experiance of raising funds to buy a home in Texas, I am having dificulty as tthe people I have talked to so far dont recognise my UK credit history and say I am at zero..any ideas most welcome.
    No, but funding is often available in GBP through UK lenders. Try yorkshire bank, they were pretty big in USD loending a couple of years back. If you are intending to mortgage in USD do you think the dollar is going to weaken further or strngthen. If the latter and the dollar recovered to say 1.5 your debt would rise about 33% in sterling terms.

Of course if you have a ready supply of USD which you do not have to buy - i.e. you are invoicing in USD then a USD mortgage would be the the better option (probably).

Comment

read this:-

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/10082006/250...onal-home.html

Comment

Originally posted by cadengineer
        Are you UK resident or USA? Generally I believe you need around 50% deposit. If you drop me a message I can put you through to and English agent working in the US
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
        X