• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DV clearance advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DV clearance advice

Hi all,

My first post sorry it's a question, I'm filling out my dv clearance forms and require some advice, when I was 15 I allowed a friend to put £5k into my account, several yrs later I was arrested with him and some others it went to court myself and others were aquited and he was sentanced, on an enhanced crb check it shows I have no criminal record, so do I declare or not? This was 20yrs ago and I've had no record since.

Originally posted by SUPERSTARDJ01 View Post
    Hi all,

My first post sorry it's a question, I'm filling out my dv clearance forms and require some advice, when I was 15 I allowed a friend to put £5k into my account, several yrs later I was arrested with him and some others it went to court myself and others were aquited and he was sentanced, on an enhanced crb check it shows I have no criminal record, so do I declare or not? This was 20yrs ago and I've had no record since.
    If it were me I would declare it.

If your honest chances are you will get the clearance. They might not even check but if they do and it comes up your application will likely fail.

Comment

Hi all,

Where is the crime in someone giving you money?

If you think there might be something to it, then declare it and explain.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I suspect we are not getting the full story here?

Either way, I would declare it. If you declare it and the look into it you might get a chance to explain. If you don't declare it and get caught you are almost definitely out for being dishonest (they will probably assume that there is more stuff you are being dishonest about that they have not found).
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          I suspect we are not getting the full story here?

Either way, I would declare it. If you declare it and the look into it you might get a chance to explain. If you don't declare it and get caught you are almost definitely out for being dishonest (they will probably assume that there is more stuff you are being dishonest about that they have not found).
          This!

I failed to declare a driving ban on an application and it resulted in losing a role as they ran an enhanced check.

Comment

The thing to remember, especially with high level clearances, is that they almost certainly already know all about it. So what do you suppose they are trying to find out?
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hi all,

If in doubt, declare it.

For DV it's not just the enhanced CRB checks they go through, they will look at *everything* on record for you. Even without a criminal record there will be an arrest record for you on the PNC.

When filling in the form you should assume that they already know the answers, they just want to see if what you say tallies with what they know. If it doesn't you'll be refused.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                If in doubt, declare it.

For DV it's not just the enhanced CRB checks they go through, they will look at *everything* on record for you. Even without a criminal record there will be an arrest record for you on the PNC.
                +1
                much more detailed than a CRB and, as DB says, will be on the PNC.

Declare everything and explain at personal interview stage. Honesty is key.
                If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  If in doubt, declare it..

What he said.

If you fail to declare it's grounds for immediate refusal as you've proven yourself to be untruthful.
                  If you put the details down much the way you have here and are honest about it, they can make a judgement call. Especially with DV clearance assume that you have no secrets, the people who perform the clearances are experts at digging out details of a persons past.

Comment

Declare it. They don't care about your past 20 years ago, they care more if you hide things from them.

Comment

Working...
                    X