• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents Reluctance to put stuff in writing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents Reluctance to put stuff in writing

Is it just me, or have agents become more reluctant recently to deal with everyone by email & put things in writing?

Not sure about anyone else but I find that email is a more efficient way of dealing with them because I dont have to stop my day for a phone call (a mono task), the contents of which could, invariably, have been imparted just as effectively by email (which I can check when I am free).

I agree. They always call me, I even got a phone call from one last night at 9PM telling me about a role, I agreed a rate with them and asked them to send me the Job spec, they said they sent it but I didn't receive it. I also prefer being contacted via email rather than phone as they call at odd times.
    Last edited by Manz; 9 January 2014, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Manz View Post
      I agree. They always call me, I even got a phone call from one last night at 9PM telling me about a role, I agreed a rate with them and asked them to send me the Job spec, they said they sent it but I didn't receive it. I also prefer being contacted via email rather than phone as they call at odd times.
      But the agent now knows the going rate for that role so not totally pointless.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        But the agent now knows the going rate for that role so not totally pointless.
        And he's phoned the OP's current client to say he understands the OP is leaving and he has some cracking CVs for the new vacancy.

Comment

It's because they're all congenital liars.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
            Same with anyone with the word "agent" in their job title - see estate agents, letting agents as well as recruitment agents. Trying to get any of them to back up the bs they spout in writing is often an exercise in futility.

NB - this is a huge generalisation, and I have worked with lots of decent recruitment agents, a handful of decent estate agents, and an even smaller proportion of decent letting agents.

Comment

In writing? You ask too much, getting a call after submitting CV is difficult enough.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Sure as hell glad I'm not the only one who this really gets up the nose of!

Yeah, its difficult getting any *.agent to commit to writing & the more you deal with them by email the more upset they seem to get.

I suppose this proves they don't read the bloody CV either because in big red letters at the top under the phone number it says "Please email in the first instance"! OK we're assuming they can read I guess....

Comment

Originally posted by sgxluk View Post
                  I suppose this proves they don't read the bloody CV either because in big red letters at the top under the phone number it says "Please email in the first instance"! OK we're assuming they can read I guess....
                  Maybe they just ignore bad grammar?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyWolf View Post
                    And/or stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X