• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An impressive catch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An impressive catch

Just witnessed he who would be ZeitMog II performing a most impressive leap onto the bird table to catch some unfortunate feathered friend.

The bird table is about 5 feet tall, quite a leap from a standing start.

Are there cat Olympics?

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Are there cat Olympics?
    Not any more. They couldn't be trusted with the sandpit.

Comment

The year before last one of our cats who was little more than a kitten brought home 14 rabbits over a period of around three months - including two in one night. Twelve ended up dead, two I managed to rescue. Last year, he had around the same amount. He would dismember them outside, he'd eat everything including the skull and pelt and only leave the stomach. We've got four cats, two of which hunt - most days we get the remains of something or other on the kitchen floor.

This was him the day he came home;

This is him now (note the rabbit guts splattered on the front of the range);

...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Our cat once had 2 squirrels in 24 hours : and has had about 5 in total. That and countless birds, frogs, mice, rats. Little fooker.

And over Christmas, as he moved to Wales, he was kept in the new house until he gets used to it. He showed his displeasure by peeing in my shoes. I had to get the washing machine on it. The shoes that is, not the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          The year before last one of our cats who was little more than a kitten brought home 14 rabbits over a period of around three months - including two in one night. Twelve ended up dead, two I managed to rescue. Last year, he had around the same amount. He would dismember them outside, he'd eat everything including the skull and pelt and only leave the stomach. We've got four cats, two of which hunt - most days we get the remains of something or other on the kitchen floor.
          We had a rescue cat when I lived in cornwall. Brought her home and kept her in for the usual two weeks to settle in and she hated it. Couldn't get near her the whole time, a black and white bundle of fury, claws and teeth. The first day she was let out she buggered off down to the stables and refused to come back. Once there she turned into the sweetest cat I've ever known. Always ready to come say hello and be fussed or sit on a fence post and supervise whatever it was you were doing.

We fed her, but most of the time she lived on rabbits and rats and took care of herself. The remains would be left on the yard for us to clear up the next morning. Slept in the hay barn even in the dead of winter.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

True about them being so athletic, trying to keep them out of our garden was impossible.

The ghastly creepy little creatures decimate wildlife. Will be planting lots of lilies this year.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The Testermogs are a pair of wimps. Testermog Major runs away from mice, Testermog Minor is too thick to bother at all.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
              X