• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

250,000 more reasons to kill all MPs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

250,000 more reasons to kill all MPs

BBC News - MPs' portraits exhibit contrasting styles

A committee of MPs has spent a total of £250,000 since 1995 commissioning portraits and statues of other MPs.

On top of their mammoth wage rises. For a worse performance every year.

You think £1 is a reason to kill 600+ people?

Also, please tell us you are trolling rather than utterly ignorant of the circumstances surrounding MP salaries?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes, most extreme BP. Killing about 100 of them would do me.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

they didn't get value for money. Abbot looks like a caricature Paddy & Ken a bit weird. Betty isn't bad but the best is B'liar they seem to have got the spirit of evil.

Why don't they start a competition in the art Colleges and take the winner?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Yes, most extreme BP. Killing about 100 of them would do me.
          Can the 100 include Tony Blair, Ed Milliband and "Call me Dave" please?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            You think £1 is a reason to kill 600+ people?

Also, please tell us you are trolling rather than utterly ignorant of the circumstances surrounding MP salaries?
            Actually I would kill 650 bodies (people is a bit strong) for 1p.

As for MPs salaries, they always quote back to 1998 just after that mammoth pay rise they got. They got the popularist route for everything.

Just one example - which political party will say that house prices are too high and you can't base on econonmy on rising house prices.

Actually bearing that in mind I have changed my mind on the1p. A paper clip will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Can the 100 include Tony Blair, Ed Milliband and "Call me Dave" please?
              Yes, but I'd cut it to 50 so that you can kill the really bad ones twice.
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Actually I would kill 650 bodies (people is a bit strong) for 1p.

As for MPs salaries, they always quote back to 1998 just after that mammoth pay rise they got. They got the popularist route for everything.

Just one example - which political party will say that house prices are too high and you can't base on econonmy on rising house prices.

Actually bearing that in mind I have changed my mind on the1p. A paper clip will do it.
                Well the MPs don't seem to want the rise, but the body in charge claims that they won't actually be any better off because numerous expenses are being stopped. The proposed linkage of MP salaries to inflation or average wage (I think it's the latter) seems sensible.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Well the MPs don't seem to want the rise, but the body in charge claims that they won't actually be any better off because numerous expenses are being stopped. The proposed linkage of MP salaries to inflation or average wage (I think it's the latter) seems sensible.
                  Perhaps we should simply fix MPs salaries for the next 5 years, as has happened in a few parts of the private industry, and wait until one of the tribalist parasites breaks first and comes running to the BBC complaining about personal inflation rates and how they differ from the "official" figures of CPI.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Blair certainly. Not any of the current party leaders for me, they are crap but don't deserve executing. Ed Balls is more annoying than loathsome.

Ken Clarke and Vince Cable would certainly be on my list plus lots of (all) ghastly EU types like Barossa would be there.

I expect MI5 will arrest us for plotting terrorism.

PS what did MI1, 2, 3 and 4 do?
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 14 January 2014, 22:37.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X