• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK unemployment rate drops to 7.1%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK unemployment rate drops to 7.1%

Okay has this been done?

The government are blowing their trumpets and jeering at their success with the drop in unemployment. That's great news. But then you start peeling at the surface of those statistics,

Wait a minute. Is the increase in employment linked to our growing housing bubble Mk II? Shurly not. This is not a success story.

BBC News - UK unemployment rate drops to 7.1%
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I don't think there is a house price bubble.
    They started off high, and they remain high.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      Tit.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

It's down to God showing his approval of the legalisation of gay marriage.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          It's down to God showing his approval of the legalisation of gay marriage.
          <wince>

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            When did they start high? The price of houses over the last 30 years have increased by at least double the increase in M2 money supply.

Comment

So it would be better if unemployment went up?

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                So it would be better if unemployment went up?
                Not really. Once unemployment goes below 7% they stop QE and put the base rate up. Good for savers. Then hyper inflation and another bust cycle. Simples.

Comment

Isn't 7% the unemployment threshhold the BoE chairman is using to base interest rate increases against?

Reinflate housing bubble --> lower unemployment ---> rate increases ---> bubble burst ---
                  ^_________________________________________________ __________________________|
                  Last edited by SpontaneousOrder; 22 January 2014, 17:32.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Not really. Once unemployment goes below 7% they stop QE and put the base rate up. Good for savers. Then hyper inflation and another bust cycle. Simples.
                    Ride that wave!

Comment

Working...
                    X