• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thanks a lot BT!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot BT!

Just had a telephone conversation with a very irate OH on my way back down to South Somerset.

In my absence he was going to try out BTSport and watch the Arsenal game last night (best of luck with that, I told him, with our bandwidth).

Apparently, he had a frustrating evening of failed attempts at online set up of BT Sport with our BT account no. (this account does not appear to have BT Broadband - yes it does!) and unhelpful conversations with people in whatever country to which BT farm out their out of hours support.

Now he's just spoken to somebody who actually made some sense and got his answer. Which didn't make him very happy. Nor me, for that matter.

Free BTSport is not available to BT Business customers

Possibly not, but me and #1 son both tried, and failed, to set up BT sport last year so he could watch his Liverpool games. Yet I had another go a couple of months ago and it was easy. Did not seem to be same pages. Can't remember the details but search around and try various different links.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 25 January 2014, 11:43.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

BT is tulipe. Sky is tulipe. Virgin is tulipe. You just picked one brown sticky one out of a reeking bucket, none of the others are any better, nor do they care.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        BT is tulipe. Sky is tulipe. Virgin is tulipe. You just picked one brown sticky one out of a reeking bucket, none of the others are any better, nor do they care.
        It's all about how much you pay for the brown sticky- I've just cancelled Sky (that's another story) and got YouView from BT - pretty much worked out of the box and gone from £55+ @ month to £10 (already had the BT Broadband option & although I don't watch it the sport is there)

According to the missus the content needs some padding (oh err!) so now pondering whether to add the Now (back to Sky!) SonyMedia Net Flix etc options but all add costs and given that I don't find myself watching too much TV these days as it's all formulaic tulipe or repeats or +1 padding so may not bother but she may have another view
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
          Just had a telephone conversation with a very irate OH on my way back down to South Somerset.
          You're married to OldHack?!

Free BTSport is not available to BT Business customers
          Well, duh.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

line rental

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            POTD. I had O2 BB (now $ky) and I paid 9.50 under O2 now it's 50p cheaper for a year. I don't pay any line rental (or it may be bundled in with the 9.50) but I do have BT phone.

I've looked at possibly upgrading to fibre but it's the LR that grates with me - why do we pay it? I did a search around to see why and appreantly it's a throwover from when we paid our telephone bill and because we've always paid it, that's why it's still around.*

I need Martin Lewis' email, my Stop The Line Rental Rip Off Campaign starts here!

*correct me if I'm wrong here

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

BT Sport was available to me as soon as I received a 'MyBT' login. My phone line still had an active Sky BB ADSL connection at the time but could still watch BT Sport.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                BT Sport was available to me as soon as I received a 'MyBT' login. My phone line still had an active Sky BB ADSL connection at the time but could still watch BT Sport.
                Definitely not happening here. You have to enter your account no to set up the app & it's not getting recognised since it's a business account. The official line is that BTSport is not available to business customers.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Well, duh.
                  WHS. They made their telly service available to their home broadband subscribers, and you're not one. I'm also not a BT home broadband subscriber, and you know what? I don't get it either.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I don't understand BT's web pages.

Comment

Working...
                    X