• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheerful for a Tuesday (not)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheerful for a Tuesday (not)

BBC News - Cancer 'tidal wave' on horizon, warns WHO

I'm paranoid enough already without this!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    BBC News - Cancer 'tidal wave' on horizon, warns WHO

I'm paranoid enough already without this!
    Perhaps time to replace visits to the pub with visits to the gym instead.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Something's gonna get you.

As it points out, people living longer gives them more time to get cancer. In the old days you'd have been dead before you got it.

So if they cure cancer, then you'll live till the heart attack gets you.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Something's gonna get you.

As it points out, people living longer gives them more time to get cancer. In the old days you'd have been dead before you got it.

So if they cure cancer, then you'll live till the heart attack gets you.

Those that escape cancer in the 50's to early 70's bracket have dementia to look forward to.

It were not that long ago I recall reading a paper about how we could expect to cure all diseases by the end of the century. You dismiss it at first but then you start reading the detail and think.. perhaps there's scope for this. Much which begins with monitoring our health using preventative measures.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Those that escape cancer in the 50's to early 70's bracket have dementia to look forward to.

It were not that long ago I recall reading a paper about how we could expect to cure all diseases by the end of the century. You dismiss it at first but then you start reading the detail and think.. perhaps there's scope for this. Much which begins with monitoring our health using preventative measures.
          I don't think my pension fund is big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            I don't think my pension fund is big enough.
            You've got it the wrong way round', Midskipper's obituary "Here lies Mudskipper, the pension ran out and he's bloody annoyed"

Meanwhile Scooter's obituary reads:

"Here lies millionaire Scooter, who lost control of his private jet while making love to his forth, twenty seven year old wife, Emmanuelle"

Comment

"The most shocking thing about this report's prediction that 14 million cancer cases a year will rise to 22 million globally in the next 20 years is...
              That a 50% raise in global cancer cases coincides with an expected 50% raise in population numbers?

Comment

Perhaps time to replace visits to the pub with visits to the gym instead.
                Why? So long as you get exercise, it's ok to go to the pub IMO.

perhaps there's scope for this. Much which begins with monitoring our health using preventative measures.
                Perhaps you could qualify who exactly is going to perform this monitoring?

I have visions of the recyclists counting the bottles in my bin on a Monday morning and slapping a hefty fine on me for having exceeded the statutory maximum weekly alcohol intake.

Comment

I have arthritus from 60 and parkinsons from 80 on both sides to look forward to - if I get that far. One way easy jet to Switzerland to down some shotz

Comment

The Grauniad is running with this as well this morning.

Lots of references to taxes on sugary drinks

It's all pure conjecture, really.

Take this quote:

Eating fruit and vegetables may protect against some forms of cancer, although the World Cancer Report says it "does not appear to be as strongly effective against cancer as initially believed"

Comment

Working...
                    X