• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UnBOOMED

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnBOOMED

Well still got current gig but looks like I'm not going back to previous client now. :-(

Long story and I'll say it again - I still find it hard to believe that clients can't even be arsed to act in a professional/decent manner. Disappointing indeed that a lot of people don't even have common courtesy.

In contrast to my current client who are the nicest bunch of people you could wish to work for. Upfront, honest etc. Pity the rate is tulipe.

It wouldnt be monday if there was no moaning from me!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Bummer Ah well, onwards and upwards!

Comment

Sounds like a lucky escape. Have a in reward for not working with idiots. I am likely to end up in the same boat next month. They are in the middle of a massive re-org and are chucking contractors out like mad. I have one lot that keep talking about what is going to be happening in May and how much they need me and a re-org team saying no renewals this time around.

So I can see a sudden empty seat or 10 (and nothing written down to explain what we left behind.)

Comment

Possibly a lucky escape. Business is business but don't phone me up, ask if I'm available, tell me its 99% certain, ring me again a week later, then suddenly just ignore me. All it takes is 30 secs to say sorry its fallen through.....

Comment

Sorry to hear.
          +1 for WNFs said.
          Could be worse, lot to be said for a decent team / client - few and far between these days
          If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Possibly a lucky escape. Business is business but don't phone me up, ask if I'm available, tell me its 99% certain, ring me again a week later, then suddenly just ignore me. All it takes is 30 secs to say sorry its fallen through.....
            You might find it had just gone to sleep for a "few weeks" until the next financial year. However its also a common problem that things change and permies have a real problem telling contractors they are out of luck. They don't seem to understand that we like that buzz of the chance to find something new (well I do anyway.)
            Important thing is not to have a hissy fit at them. My friend works for a big and very reputable shopping brand. He works in the resourcing department getting contracts in place for guys like us. A few weeks ago he was telling me about a Unix chap that got bounced on a friday night because his boss didn't get a budget to renew him and he was asking for the guy to turn up on site the next monday on spec...

It turned out unfortunately although the guy wanted the contractor his boss didn't fancy the next three months of bills so that was the end of that the guy went from yep we are renewing you to >>>>>

The bit the contractor would never have seen was the crap storm that then ensued for letting that happen to them.

Comment

Integrity and Professionalism is whats missing these days.

Honesty, no fannying around, and no bulltulip. That's all I want.

Comment

That's poor form old boy.

You'll get sorted.

one day at a time

Comment

Manners have been lost almost entirely in our society. The skill of being special by treating your peers as special is beyond most peoples intellect.

Comment

Is this the same professionalism and integrity where you would dump current clientco if a much better paying gig came up?

Strewth! the hypocrisy of it all.
                    Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                    X