• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who lives in the Red Weather Warning zones?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who lives in the Red Weather Warning zones?

BBC News - UK storms: Met Office issues 'Red Warning' for wind

Winds of up to 100mph are expected to batter west Wales and north-west England, with the Met Office issuing its first "red warning" of the winter.

The warning for 13:30 to 21:00 GMT means there is a "risk to life" and people should "avoid dangerous areas" with widespread damage expected.
    We have a few from those parts, can you report on it for us because 100mph is really something a bit unusual?

Also is this a real picture:

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I suspect not because if I was the bloke in the orange jacket I'd be running like hell.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

That looks like tsunami scale devastation. Must be some weird perspective thing.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

We have a few from those parts, can you report on it for us because 100mph is really something a bit unusual
        Ventured over to General for a little while

We're up in the 'danger zone', nothing great happening it's just a little windy! Still waiting for cars to be thrown across the road if BBC are to be believed.

Martin

Comment

We have a few from those parts, can you report on it for us because 100mph is really something a bit unusual?

Yes, it's the Cove House Inn at Fortuneswell on the Isle of Portland (end of Chesil Beach).

Even though it's the English Channel, at that particular point in Lyme Bay waves roll in across the Atlantic completely uninterrupted.
          Last edited by Gittins Gal; 12 February 2014, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            That looks like tsunami scale devastation. Must be some weird perspective thing.
            I think the building is elevated quite a bit compared to the water level but you can't really see that clearly in the photo.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Got family on Llyn peninsular near Aberdaron. 100mph not too unusual, but what seems unusual is the frequency of these events. Fields bogged down, cattle stuck inside, electricity off (no underground supply) points to higher food prices come autumn.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I think the building is elevated quite a bit compared to the water level but you can't really see that clearly in the photo.
                There's a video on Youtube from the same perspective. A load of people hanging around on the seafront as massive waves crash in, burst on the wall and splash over the top of the buildings.

Comment

Working...
                X