• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukraine Unrest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukraine Unrest

My very limited knowledge of this is that one side wants closer ties with the EU, the other lot (including those in power) closer ties with Russia.

Surely EU sanctions are going to be somewhat divisive here and fan the flames further? Not to mention gitting up Russia's nose.

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Surely EU sanctions are going to be somewhat divisive here and fan the flames further? Not to mention gitting up Russia's nose.
    Nevermind sansctions - Interpol arrest warrants should be issued for those who ordered to shoot into civilians.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
      My very limited knowledge of this is that one side wants closer ties with the EU, the other lot (including those in power) closer ties with Russia.
      Yep, Germany and Russia are playing this poor country and its people like a pawn. They suffered enough, just let them be in their own country.
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

I don't think the EU passing a few sanctions is going to make a whole lot of difference to the outcome. They already have some regions declaring independence from the current government, which seems dead set on continuing on a path that will tear the country in two. It might be that separation is the best outcome.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          It might be that separation is the best outcome.
          The best for whom? How would you like it if White Chapel, Rusholm and Southall declared independence?

Comment

I'd like Dunstable to declare independance from Luton. Give the fekkers MK postcodes and make it part of buckinghamshire.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
              The best for whom? How would you like it if White Chapel, Rusholm and Southall declared independence?
              I'd prefer it to an armed conflict reducing my country to rubble, which is where this seems to be heading.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'd prefer it to an armed conflict reducing my country to rubble, which is where this seems to be heading.
                And I'd prefer the Govt toppled and those of them that survive to be put in prison for shooting civilians.

Govts should be afraid of people, not the other way around.

Comment

Perhaps, but this is not a fault of Ukrainian people. Why those war mongers will not go and split China or India instead?

Comment

Maybe I am being a miserable war monger (sometimes my hobby comes out in my posting) but surely all that is going to happen here is that even if Ukraine decides to become more pro EU and Russia does not like it then Russia will use whatever force necessary to stop that happening.

Who is going to stop them? Anyone fancy a war with Russia?
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X