• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How the offshore industry works

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the offshore industry works

Smoke and mirrors. And fakery.

My Comment -- Mr Ravi on Fake resumes | SCN
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Uncle: See phani--99.99% of Resumes in SAP are fake--so i can find & remove fake resumes in seconds--But if i do so--i may have 1 out of 1000...Then think from my point of view what i need to do? i know that this resume is fake but no chance for me except forwarding it to my people...
    So he still has 9 fake CVs for every real one....

I have had some brilliant fake CVs come my way. One guy listed many years of experience with various OS and database versions, when you correlated the information with his age it meant he started work when he was 7, stopped roughly when he went to university, and hadn't done anything new for 10 years.

Also quite common is people claiming to be far more senior than they actually were. You can usually take them apart in the interview, when you try and drill into the design "they" did it often turns out they did support or wrote test cases and know very little about it.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

But this is fairly standard for most people, isn't it? I mean look at how many 'senior' software engineers there are compared to just software engineers.

Although I recently read the work history on Linked In of an old colleague and noticed he had claimed credit for two projects he had not done, I know that because I chuffing well did them!!!
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Although I recently read the work history on Linked In of an old colleague and noticed he had claimed credit for two projects he had not done, I know that because I chuffing well did them!!!
        I got one who claimed I'd worked for him, when we were members of the same team - of which I was the lead.

I didn't confirm that one.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

One of our vendors sent a guy claiming to be THE man for the job. Interestingly, he couldn't do things that interns did. We had to have some tough discussions with the offshore partner to remove the guy. He accepted that he had faked.

Comment

Working...
          X