• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are parents such a disappointment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are parents such a disappointment?

I’ve just been to see my mum. When I got there her bed was empty and all made up. I thought she had finally snuffed it but they had forgotten to tell me.

No such luck, she is up, watching telly and having a chin wag with all the other old fogies. She knows her time is up; but she has no plans to leave the party yet.

My sister is a grass! I joked with her on Saturday that when our mum got to be forgetful I was going to hire one of those Romanian migrants to pretend to be me. Sister laughed a lot, but she has only gone and told her. So I got nagged for that today.
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

I have never forgiven my parents for not being well off.

Comment

Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
      No such luck, she is up, watching telly and having a chin wag with all the other old fogies. She knows her time is up; but she has no plans to leave the party yet.
      They do tend to linger now-a-days don't they?...where is Shipman when you need him
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        They do tend to linger now-a-days don't they?...where is Shipman when you need him
        My old man still plays football so what chance have I got.

Comment

I'm getting married in 2 weeks and traditionally my other half's dad should be footing the bill for the lot, but oh no just the reception, well he cant think much of his only daughter... does he know how much 2 Rollers and a couple weeks in a 5* spar resort cost these days? ...bloody cheek!

So I'm diappointed at someone elses parent.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

How many goats and how much gold is he giving you to take his daughter off his hands?
            Blair, you cannot reach me now,
            No matter how you try,
            Goodbye cruel Labour,
            Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Working...
            X