• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High risk website blocked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High risk website blocked

Everytime i'm on CUK forums at client co, Sophos Anti-virus keeps popping up with this message:

Access has been blocked to "ct1.addthis.com/static/r07/core124.js" as 'Mal/Badsrc-C' has been found at this website.

@mods: are you aware of this?
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-re-virus.html
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
      Everytime i'm on CUK forums at client co, Sophos Anti-virus keeps popping up with this message:

Access has been blocked to "ct1.addthis.com/static/r07/core124.js" as 'Mal/Badsrc-C' has been found at this website.

@mods: are you aware of this?
      Exactly what do you expect the mods to do about it? Ban it?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've passed it on to Admin.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Cheers for the shout. Having a look now but on first glance sounds like a false positive. The Follow us links at the top of the side nav pulls some JavaScript from AddThis.com which just provides us with some stats about what clicks and follows we have had. So unless they have been hacked and some code injected into that file...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Exactly what do you expect the mods to do about it? Ban it?
            Just bringing it to their attention. No need to be an arse about it.

(And no, I obviously didn't search for an existing post first!)
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Really appreciate the shout kc, am still looking as always worth checking out. No modified files on the site in the last 3 days bar re-rolled css files from what I can see. Sometimes if it is a nasty they can be buggers to track down though so no giving up yet.

Comment

Didn't note the details but I did get an IE message the other day about blocking a malicious item on CUK. However, IE11 is always stopping working for some reason or other, not sure I believe it.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This is showing it as being clean:
                  https://www.virustotal.com/

Have checked the ad server and nothing there in the places where I have seen it hacked before - and when we had a spate of OpenX vulnerabilities a year or two ago I locked it down but that doesn't mean there aren't fresh exploits that could bypass the security measures put in place.

KC - I have removed the AddThis code for the moment - could you let me know if Sophos is still complaining at your end please as that would help narrow it down for me.

Comment

You know me, that is not me being an arse
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X