• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mmmm, Lucozade.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmm, Lucozade.

Beer As A Post-Workout Recovery Drink? Not As Crazy As It Sounds : The Salt : NPR

Beer as a recovery drink? Been doing that for years...

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Beer As A Post-Workout Recovery Drink? Not As Crazy As It Sounds : The Salt : NPR

Me too. Nothing like a nice warm cup of beer in the morning with your bacon sandwich.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I've been trying to be ultra-healthy. Since it's well known how common exercise related injuries can be I've skipped directly to the recovery stage.

Comment

Chicago Marathon and Frankfurt IM both have althlete only beer tents at the end - Fffrreeeeeee

Comment

A guy I work with who races bicycles in the 'Elite' class, which is basically not far short of professional and indeed includes pro riders, swears by a glass of Leffe Tripel after a race or training ride. He says it brings his HR down quickly, relaxes him and helps him sleep as well as providing lots of nutrients.

I don't know if he's right though; maybe it does no harm, maybe it really does help, but then maybe if he drank something else he could be a pro.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Apparently rthe fizzy ones make them the fastest non-sportdrink-sugar-delivery-system.

Try saying that after a few.

Comment

Working...
            X